This is the back up forum for pregnancyforum.org.uk
This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)

Protein in Urine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Protein in Urine

Post by mandspice on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:03 am

They found some protein, as well as leukoyites or whatever they're called, in my urine at a routine appt yesterday & have sent it for testing. Apparently it was only a "trace" and I have no other symptoms of preeclampsia....I am a bit itchy though, not sure if this is significant. Has anyone else had this and was it an infection or just nothing?

farao (just wanted to add the most random emoticon I could find Laughing )
mandspice

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Protein in Urine

Post by xjoann on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:14 am

I had a baterial infection a few weeks ago and there was a small amount of protein in my urine at the time. If anything comes back they'll let you know. Smile

My contribution to a random emoticon - cherry CHERRY!! hehe
xjoann

Female
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mandspice on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:18 am

Thanks Joann afro Very Happy
mandspice

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mummy-boo on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:19 am

i had a scare a week ago, off to the hospital i go. do a sample and the midwife comes back,
"your waters haven't broken, but you have got lucocites(sp) in your wee-wee. you've got a slight urine infecton it's nothing to worry about." Smile

does that help you honey?

i also found out that i am a carrier of GBS too, which doesn't help with things down there Crying or Very sad
mummy-boo

Female
Number of posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NICCI on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:23 am

Ive had this 7 times, each time was a UTI, the doc has given me antibiotics and been sent 4 a renal scan to check my kidneys are working properly. the itchin sounds like an infection but they can be treated with antibiotics and canesten... its nothing to worry bout tho chic........ sunny (thought id send u sum sunshine!!)

NICCI

Female
Number of posts : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NICCI on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:24 am

can i just ask whats GBS??

NICCI

Female
Number of posts : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hideilu on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:33 am

Every time I've tested for protein it has come up as 'trace' but MW and GP said this is fine, so long as it doesn't increase What a Face

Not sure what the other thing is though?

Hideilu

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mummy-boo on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:36 am

Group B Strep. It belongs to same family of bacteria as imbetigo, mrsa, sore throats, etc.

people who carry it, can carry it in their intestines, or women can carry it in their vaginas (sorry i really don't like that word).
it's very serious in newborns - 1 in 1000 babies born in the uk develop a GBS infection, which is about 700 babies. it can lead to serious illness like meningitis and unfortunatly 5% of these babies die. **sorry it's a bit morbid and wayyyyy off topic.**

i was told i had an infection when i had my daughter 3 years ago, and when i told my new midwife about it things seemed to have gone a bit serious. i'm trying to research up on it as we speak.
mummy-boo

Female
Number of posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSara on Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:12 am

I have had a trace of protein in my urine all the way through my pregnancy and MW says it isn't a cause for concern as my bp is fine.
MissSara

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by penstraze on Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:39 am

Sorry you have protein in urine causing you worry I'm sure its nothing a UTI or something (hug) I would mention itching to midwife though if you havent already!
mummy-boo wrote:Group B Strep. It belongs to same family of bacteria as imbetigo, mrsa, sore throats, etc.

people who carry it, can carry it in their intestines, or women can carry it in their vaginas (sorry i really don't like that word).
it's very serious in newborns - 1 in 1000 babies born in the uk develop a GBS infection, which is about 700 babies. it can lead to serious illness like meningitis and unfortunatly 5% of these babies die. **sorry it's a bit morbid and wayyyyy off topic.**

i was told i had an infection when i had my daughter 3 years ago, and when i told my new midwife about it things seemed to have gone a bit serious. i'm trying to research up on it as we speak.

My doctors wont test me for it I asked cause had read about it and would like test for peace of mind and they said its not procedure to test for it Evil or Very Mad
penstraze

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mandspice on Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:49 am

Thanks pirat

The itching isn't down there btw, lol, it's general skin itchiness, belly, hands, legs etc
mandspice

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by penstraze on Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:04 am

It hadn't crossed my mind that it might be down there actually Laughing I ment mention it cause of itching being a sign of pre eclampsia but thats usually sever itching largely on palms and feet general itching is very common in pregnancy sure its just that, and the heat I always get itchy when im hot! (hug)
penstraze

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jennifer1981 on Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:40 pm

Ive had a trace of protein in urine last week but its fine this week.

Midwife said that sometimes a bit of discharge could get into your urine sample and its the discharge that contains the protein.

If it is just 'trace' and you dont have other pre eclampsia symptoms they dont see this as a concern.

Hope all is well when you next go x

jennifer1981

Female
Number of posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top