This is the back up forum for pregnancyforum.org.uk
This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)

Choosing a highchair

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Choosing a highchair

Post by Moofa on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:34 am

Hi

We are having the nightmare of choosing the best highchair. I was thinking after much research of getting the SILVERCROSS SOVEREIGN HIGHCHAIR and have only seen one bad review. Has anyone got this chair? Or can someone recommend a better one. I have limited use of my right side so would need a chair where I could put Alban in and then clip the tray on rather then lift him in with the tray still attached (hope that makes sense).

The SILVERCROSS SOVEREIGN HIGHCHAIR says from 4 months which would be great as LO is 5 months on Christmas Day and we would love him to be at the table and the same level as us.

Thanks

Mxxxxx
Moofa

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Choosing a highchair

Post by Charlie on Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:07 am

I don't have the silver cross but it was between that one and the Chicco Polly, in the end I went for the Chicco just because the seat was very padded and much more comfortable that the silvercross.

In hindsight I wish I'd have bought neither but instead I would rather someone gave me this piece of advice and I bought something a bit more practical. Cleaning the highchair is a nightmare, it has lots and lots of nooks and crannies and all the food gets stuck everywhere. So my advice would be to go for one that has very few nooks and crannies and just go for a simple design, the one from IKEA is perfect for cleaning and is sooooo easy, I would happily swap mine anyday for something easier to clean Smile

Charlie

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moofa on Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:15 am

Hi

I brought the Silvercross one and found I couldn't use it. Fortunately my friend whose son is a day old then Alban brought it off of me, so all I lost was the postage costs.

I brought the East Coast Combination highchair as a replacement as the tray is completely removable so I can place my son in it.

Iactually emailed East Coast about their 3 high cchair designs and they were extremely helpful and said that 2 designs were no good but the combination highchair was the best :O)

Thanks for the advice guys cheers

Mxxx
Moofa

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down