This is the back up forum for pregnancyforum.org.uk
This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)

Constipation. Please Help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Constipation. Please Help.

Post by Sandie on Thu May 21, 2009 1:47 pm

Carson has been quite badly constipated for the past few days. He has passed stools but they were VERY VERY hard & very painful for him to do.

Tonight he is in absolute agony, screaming and straining. I've given him a bath, drinks of cooled boiled water, massaged his tummy.

I'm at my wits end tonight

Sandie

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Constipation. Please Help.

Post by FLOSSY82 on Thu May 21, 2009 2:00 pm

Hey hun sorry your little chap is like this its not nice for them as i remember with my older 2 kids and not nice for you as its hard to see them when they are in pain like this. Have you tried the following?

Try lying your baby on his back and cycling his legs in the air - this can help to stimulate the digestive tract.

Massage your baby's stomach in a clockwise motion - this can be done while baby is in a warm bath or using lotion or oil to lubricate the skin as this helps to both relax baby and get digestion moving.

I hope it clears up for him soon. If it continues maybe take him to the doctors to see what they suggest. (((Hugs))
xxx
FLOSSY82

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkix on Thu May 21, 2009 3:36 pm

Im in the same position, ollie has been constipated for about 3 or 4 days now, he did finally do a poo today but it was very solid and has been straining again since and nothing coming out. I have tried cooled boiled water, massaging his tummy and cycling his legs but no difference. I feel so sorry for him and not sure what else to do! Not sure how long you have to leave it before you take them to the doctors about it

nikkix

Female
Number of posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tangerinedream on Fri May 22, 2009 2:51 am

Hi Sandie, how old is your LO?

Jake started to struggle with constipation at about 18 months and got it every couple of weeks. After standing there feeling absolutely useless time and time again while he was bent over in pain I took him to the doctors to check it wasnt anything underlying causing the pain like an anal fissure. Fortunately with Jake it is just constipation and nothing more sinister and they prescribed lactolose. I would deff see your dotor to see what advice they can offer

tangerinedream

Female
Number of posts : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top