This is the back up forum for pregnancyforum.org.uk
This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)

Damned thrush agaiiiin!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Damned thrush agaiiiin!

Post by Jade on Thu May 21, 2009 5:08 pm

Arghhhh I can't sleep, I have thrush AGAIN! Embarassed

I feel like getting a flipping wire brush down there ARGHHH!

GO AWAY Sad Sad Sad
Jade

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Damned thrush agaiiiin!

Post by angelcake on Thu May 21, 2009 5:09 pm

Oh no!! Have you been eating your yoghurt?
angelcake

Female
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade on Thu May 21, 2009 5:13 pm

haha I have just been chuckling to myself about my last thrush thread and muller muff...i thought it was over Sad I only actually have 'Muller yogurts' in, are they no good? im not a big yogurt person either!

Going to the chemist first thing tomorrow!
Jade

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by angelcake on Thu May 21, 2009 5:20 pm

Bio yoghurt (I don't know what the bios about) or natural yoghurt is the best thing. Stick it with some fruit or some honey, and apparently putting it down there helps too.

You can get cannesten off the shelf now so you can go to like tesco to get it (which is probably cheaper than a pharmacy) and pick up some yoghurt as well.
angelcake

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade on Thu May 21, 2009 5:28 pm

i'm passing the chemist on the way taking Aaliyah school in the morning so i'll just go there, my shopping is being delivered tomorrow so I wont need to go the supermarket so it will be cheaper travelling to the chemist than the supermarket. Going pick up a pessary and some cream and pray it works and stays away! I'm sure ive had it for quite some time but the obvious symptoms have only just come out. A nurse took some swabs because I was having green gooey discharge (bit like snot) tmi, im sorry lol and I was worried. It came back clear for everything apart from a bit of thrush so they gave me this little egg shaped pessary thing and the itching went away. I was still having the horrible goo though but no itching or anything else so I just thought it was normal for pregnancy....looks like the bitch is back though...waaaah Sad

if i'm pregnant or on antibiotics you can guarentee i'll get it...doesn't help that ive been on antibiotics a few times during this pregnancy arghh doh!
Jade

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by angelcake on Thu May 21, 2009 5:31 pm

Oh Jade that's rubbish! if you've got a corner shop along the way then you could probably get yoghurt there, and even if you don't like to eat it you could put it on your lady bits...I think it's got the right kind of bacteria on it that combats thrush, so could keep it away!

Have they given you the talk on being careful about washing down there?
angelcake

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by angelcake on Thu May 21, 2009 5:33 pm

Garlic is well-known for its effect on the immune system and it has both antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. Take garlic as a supplement when you are trying to eliminate an attack of thrush, and as prevention if you are prone to attacks. In clinical studies, garlic extracts have been to found to prevent the growth of candida. One of the active ingredients in garlic is called 'allicin', and it appears that this is the ingredient with the ability to prevent an overgrowth of yeast. When buying supplements, choose one with a high level of allicin.

http://www.marilynglenville.com/general/thrush.htm

try eating garlic too Laughing
angelcake

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade on Fri May 22, 2009 2:54 am

thanx angelcake, I may try some garlic capsules Very Happy

I'm fine any other time it's just pregnancy and antibiotics that trigger it so I must be washing right? lol! Pessary usually sorts it out but im going to use cream this time aswell, my only problem is it keeps bloody coming back and probably will do until ive had this baby! lol. Going have tos tock up on the yogs and force them down me lol.
Jade

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trixipaws on Fri May 22, 2009 5:34 am

omg u have my utmost sympathy i am plagued by thrush when i'm pregnant too its just the worst i HATE it! *hugs*

canesten cream is good tho cheers
trixipaws

Female
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ibuellie on Fri May 22, 2009 5:48 am

you need a plain natural yogurt (no sugar added), slap it on your bits and it will sooth the itch. You can also buy acidophilus tablets from a health food shop. Should help prevent reoccurance if you take them daily. Because Thrush is a yeast infection you're best avoiding citrus fruits for a bit as well as sugar (both feed yeast) and yeast products like bread and alcohol (well you're probably not having that anyway).
Blimey there are loads of natural treatments!
Calendula

Calendula (from marigold flowers) is both anti-fungal and soothing. Calendula pessaries for thrush are available at some health food stores. Calendula cream or gel may be helpful if applied directly on the irritated area outside of your vagina. Do not put a cream or gel into your vagina unless it says on the package that it is safe to use internally.

Garlic

Garlic has strong antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, and may help stop thrush in some women. Peel a clove of garlic (be careful not to nick it), wrap it in muslin, to make sure you can remove it, and insert it into your vagina. Leave the garlic in overnight. Be prepared to smell quite strongly of garlic while you are using this treatment.

Tea tree oil

Some women find tea tree oil helpful in stopping thrush. Its effectiveness in fighting candida albicans is also supported by scientific studies. To use tea tree oil for thrush:

* put tea tree oil on the tip of a tampon and insert it into your vagina
* put tea tree on a panty liner or towel
* dampen cotton wool with tea tree (mixed with water) and gently wipe around the vaginal area

Some health food stores carry ready-made tea tree oil pessaries and manuka oil salve (manuka is another type of tea tree). Look in the women’s health section or ask the sales assistant. Be aware that tea tree may sting at first, but it should stop after a short while.

Lactic acid wash

This is a relatively new product now available at larger chemists. The wash, to be used externally, contains lactic acid that helps maintain the natural pH balance in the vaginal area. This prevents yeast from taking hold. It can be used as a daily wash instead of soap, or as a treatment when you feel thrush may be developing.

Vinegar

Some women find vinegar can help stop thrush but, as with garlic, the smell is quite strong. Vinegar is acidic and may help restore the pH balance of the vaginal area to give the friendly bacteria a better chance of successfully fighting off yeast. Never use vinegar on its own – it must be diluted with water (1 tablespoon vinegar with 1 pint of water). You can also add acidophilus to the mixture (see yoghurt below). Use the mixture to gently wash the outside of your vagina or dip a tampon in it and insert it over night.

Yoghurt

Natural live yoghurt can be used in two ways to deal with thrush: eating it and/or inserting it into your vagina. The key is not the yoghurt itself but the bacteria, lactobacillus acidophilus, in the yoghurt. This helps the body maintain, or regain, its natural pH level and keeps yeast under control.

Eating yoghurt may help keep yeast levels low throughout the body, but particularly in the stomach and intestines. Because candida in the bowel can easily make its way to the vulva and vagina, keeping your digestive system clear of thrush may help prevent vaginal thrush.

Inserting yoghurt into your vagina may also help restore your vaginal pH balance, but there is less scientific support for this method. If you want to give it a try, put one teaspoon of yoghurt in an applicator, a plastic syringe or on a tampon, and insert it high into your vagina. Repeat this every night for a week. It is important that you use only unsweetened, plain, live yoghurt.

The active ingredient in this treatment, lactobacillus acidophilus, is also available at health food stores as a supplement on its own.

ibuellie

Female
Number of posts : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top