This is the back up forum for pregnancyforum.org.uk
This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)

Stupid council!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stupid council!!

Post by Suzie&Evie on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:59 am

Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Council phoned earlier after I let them know about 10 days ago that hubby is now working. I have rung them everytime my hours change, hubby's JSA & DLA stopped. Anyway despite me notifying them of my change of hours about 3 times in the last year today they rung to ask why I'm still on maternity leave after 18 months!!!! Wtf!!!! Turns out nobody has been adding the info to our file. We've possibly got a massive overpayment of housing benefit and council tax benefit. I'm worried they will try to 'do me' for fraud, coz although I did notify them of changes I can't prove it if no one their end made a record. I've got a meeting with them next week. I don't know what to do. This is a massive cock up on their part but I have no proof, other than my notifications to tax credits

Suzie&Evie

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-08-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid council!!

Post by baby_dreamin1 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:04 am

surely they'd record all calls so should probably have it somewhere? i hope you can get it sorted out Smile
baby_dreamin1

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:14 am

Do you have no letters, or telephone bills relating to the numbers which showed you called them? x

Lori

Female
Number of posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzie&Evie on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:28 am

I have letters from them saying "a revised change in your circumstances" but that's all

Suzie&Evie

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by beckyv123 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:11 pm

I had the same thing happen to me and I'm still paying for it now.

Me and OH were out of work last year and our council tax was paid for us from the housing benefit place. I started in the September and phoned them the day I started for them to reassess my money/allow me to start paying.

I phoned them every month - sept, oct, nov and december but still no update and I'd still not paud them a penny.
In January they landed me with a 450 debt saying I hadn't paid them!! I'd been trying to pay them for four bloody months but it was their fault I couldn't!

Anyway 8 months after the debt I'm still paying them back and still will be for a long time yet! FUCKERS Evil or Very Mad
beckyv123

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzie&Evie on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:20 pm

See, I don't know what we are meant to be getting as we are still on a low income so I didn't know there was a problem otherwise I would have gone down there with it in writing. They did decrease our benefits when I started work again so I assumed that was it, but apparently not Sad

Suzie&Evie

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top