This is the back up forum for pregnancyforum.org.uk
This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)

When are you finishing work and why...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When are you finishing work and why...

Post by Mummy Rich on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:24 pm

Just wondering what the general consensus is on PF...

when are you finishing?

or when did you finish....and why?X

Mummy Rich

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-08-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When are you finishing work and why...

Post by gemoid on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:31 pm

I finished on Friday, just before I reached 38 weeks! Left it later this time as we need as much paid maternity leave as possible! It was tiring though and the last few weeks dragged. Last time I finished at 33 weeks and that felt a little early as I got bored waiting....and then went 11 days overdue!
gemoid

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherrypop on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:39 pm

I took my 5 weeks holidays before starting maternity leave, i had to finish work at 24 weeks pregnant because i couldnt cope at work being on my feet all day with this SPD Rolling Eyes , i literally couldn't walk after a shift , it was horrendous!

Gutted i had to leave so early though but i really needed to.
Cherrypop

Female
Number of posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by robyn1991 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:41 pm

I'm still window cleaning full time, at 30 weeks. Although this week I have been struggling, feeling light headed and exhausted so will be dropping my hours down to monday, wednesday friday.

I never expected to be working this late though, I'm just lucky I'm not showing a lot otherwise my customers would be a bit shocked!

robyn1991

Female
Number of posts : 14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lilG on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:43 pm

i left on saturay when i was 38 weeks, so 2 weeks before my due date. im glad i left it til then cos im already starting to get bored waiting, i dont think i could have had any more time off! i worked shifts, doing nights and stuff so it was really starting to get to me, im just trying to relax now and get ready for lil man!

xx

lilG

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sammy-88 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:23 pm

I left yesterday but my mat leave isn't until 1st Oct. I had 4 weeks holiday to take. I'll be 36 weeks when it starts. If i didn't have the holidays think i would of still left at 36 weeks
sammy-88

Female
Number of posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HannahPlummer on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:28 pm

I'm starting maternity leave on the 16th October when I'm 36+4 Smile I work as a cleaner in a care home so on my feet for the whole shift. TBH I would love to leave now but I'll keep waddling on for another 7 weeks...!
HannahPlummer

Female
Number of posts : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skatinbabe on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:24 pm

I am finishing Friday 9th September (7 days at work)
Had the summer holidays off but as I work at an Autistic School as the PE teacher and we are going into winter sports, I dont want to risk lots of balls flying my way. And settling back into school is so stressful and demanding.
skatinbabe

Female
Number of posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lougirl81 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:44 am

i finished on 17th aug.. i was coming up 34 weeks, but my actual mat pay wont start until 26th sept as im using up all my annual leave until then Very Happy
must say im finding these first couple of weeks hard to adjust to suddenly not being so busy and switch my mind off from work, but its soooo nice not having to go in anymore!

lougirl81

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chicklet on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:45 am

I finished on Friday (well technically this Friday, although had this week as holiday) at 36+3. I am so glad that I have finished as it is now uncomfortable to get about.
I am having 9 days holiday as paid.
chicklet

Female
Number of posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by babyroo on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:58 am

I finished just over a week ago, just wasn't coping with work and SPD. Lots of bending about and carrying books and other things just meant I was in absolute agony by the end. Used some holiday up first before SMP kicks in and left a bit to tag onto the end should i go back.
I'm sorting the house out at the mo,a bit at a time, trying to get it sorted to go on the market to move near OH's work (he works 1hr 30mins away. I cant believe the amount you accumulate it's amazing
I can't wait to move so hubby can get up at a reasonable time and be back for tea a couple of times a week, it will be bliss.

babyroo

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FairyCakes on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:03 am

I finished at 28 weeks, I hated my boss and she was making my life hell by making sly remarks and saying I wasn't doing my job properly so I couldn't wait to get out of there

FairyCakes

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mummy Rich on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:27 am

I suppose it depends on your circumstances and your job etc.

I am 35 weeks next Monday and due to go back to work after 5 weeks off. I said I'd work another 3 taking me to 38 weeks (I'm a primary school teacher). Anyways I really don't feel well at the moment. I was at hospital yesterday feeling really unwell and turns out I'm anaemic.

My husband has said to just finish next Monday. But I'm
Worried it's too early. It will give me 5 weeks till my due date. is this too much?

I have a toddler to look after which I know will be hard but workwise we are up before 6 and home after 6.

Bleurgh... I feel awful again this morning and all shakey xx

Mummy Rich

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nessie4 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:40 am

This time im going on mat leave at 36weeks, i only work 2shifts a week but they are 13hours long on a busy ward and i only get a half hour break Suspect so have really struggled to stay working this long. Last time i left at 32weeks but i was working full time then. Wanted to stay working as long as possible to maxamise my time with new baby and also my ward manager is a cow who hates that im pregnant and has tried everything to make me go on early mat leave to no avail so i stayed longer just to annoy her as she said i wouldnt manage Twisted Evil

nessie4

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Milford_Cuboid on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:53 am

I left 10 days ago onto annual leave - 3 weeks worth. Mat leave starts properly on 12th September. So, I left at 30 weeks but will start mat leave at 33. I was getting sick of sitting at a desk all day and becoming chair shaped, I was also tired when getting up at 6am and having to drive between 50 and 60 miles to my workplace. I'd rather rest as much as possible now, although I am still doing my second, self-employed job and will continue doing that for as long as I physically am able.
Milford_Cuboid

Female
Number of posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top